A lost pet?

By June 6, 2018 Blog post, Cats, Dogs, Pets

Having your cat or dog wander away from home is a traumatic experience. Your first reaction will be to put up posters in your neighbourhood and the surrounding vicinity, which is a good idea, but there’s more you can do.

Make sure you contact  (905-574-3433) or visit the City of Hamilton Animal Services at 247 Dartnall Rd. and tell them your pet is missing. Bring along current ID and a description and photo of your pet. They recommend you also:

  • Register with Helping Lost Pets and post a free lost report
  • Check with your neighbours to see if they have seen your pet
  • If your pet is micro-chipped, verify your contact information with the microchip company
  • Visit the Animal Services shelter on a regular basis, or send a friend or family member if you can’tOn the Helping Lost Pets website, you can view animals who are currently at the shelter to see if someone has already found your pet. The information is updated four times a day. We can help out by posting a photo and description of your lost pet on the Gagemount Animal Hospital Facebook page

    Just send us a message.

  • And last but not least, you can also post lost pet reports on Kijiji, in the Hamilton Spectator and on other sites.


    I hope you never have to use this information, but it’s important to keep it handy, just in case.